Project Business Case Preparation
As a result of this one or two days of classroom tuition and practise participants will:
- Understand the purpose of a business case.
- Be able to define a business case and describe outputs, outcomes, benefits, and main types of business cases.
- Be familiar with developing a business case, verifying and maintaining a business case, and confirming business case benefits.
- Be able to prepare a business case for a project of medium complexity and size that typically includes a summary, reasons, options, benefits, dis-benefits, timescale, costs, investment appraisal, and risks.
- Understand the responsibilities for business case preparation, validation and updating.
- Be able to apply investment appraisal techniques such as net benefits, return on investment, payback period, discounted cash flow, net present value, and sensitivity analysis.