Project Risk Management
Project Risk Management. A one or two day course designed to familiarise participants with the following concepts and practise their application through exercises:
- Foundation concepts – definitions of risk, risk management process overview, characteristics of high-risk projects, and classic causes of project failure.
- Risk identification – process, collecting risk events, confirming and structuring risk events for treatment, and initial risk treatment options.
- Qualitative risk analysis – accelerating risk analysis, clearing risk action, and ensuring an effective qualitative risk analysis process.
- Quantitative risk analysis – for higher-risk projects, foundation quantitative analysis concepts, probability theory, use of discrete quantitative techniques, applying appropriate quantitative tools, and ensuring an effective quantitative risk analysis process.
- Risk response planning – active response strategies, risk acceptance via contingency planning and reserves, and ensuring an effective risk response planning process.
- Risk monitoring and control – risk plan maintenance, risk assessment, and ensuring an effective monitoring and control process, post-project risk management evaluation and application of risk management maturity models.