On the completion of this half-day or one-day workshop, participants will be familiar with:
- Project management organisational structures and respective roles and responsibilities of the project sponsor, project steering committee and project manager, credentials needed to be an effective sponsor, and how to run a steering committee.
- Overview of the project life cycle and fundamental principles and processes needed for successful project management.
- Project conception and selection process and attributes including strategic alignment, preparation and content of project concept checklist, definition statement, business case and charter documents, and updating these as required, selecting the project manager, enabling their success, establishing reporting and control arrangements, and principal stakeholder management.
- Approving the project implementation plan, monitoring project management efficiency and effectiveness, and approving as appropriate variations, and risk and issue responses that are beyond the project manager’s delegated authority to implement.
- Assessing and reporting project management efficiency, and tracking and achieving post-project business case outcomes and benefits.
Sample of our SkillPower Project Sponsorship Workbook – Download here.